Sunday, June 22, 2008

Panel of the week.

From Trinity #3

This panel reminds of me the scene from Angel season 2 when Angel & co. traveled to Pylea and, through a wacky series of events, we get a shot of most of the team looking into a wicker basket that contains Lorne's head. The off-kilter angle, the expressions on everyone's faces, and the sheer unexpected oddness of Superman being laid out in one punch all made the moment captured in this panel stand out to me above all others. It's so weird...and therefore fun. Just look at John Stewart! The current JLA being caught off-guard from their serious business is very endearing. A few more moments like this and I could come to love the team again.

Speaking of Trinity--I'm still enjoying it, including the back-ups. This week's was especially adept at introducing a new character as yet unconnected to anyone else in the DCU, convincing me to quickly care about the character, and inspiring me to conjecture as to how she'll tie into the plot and which three would they be? Lovely Rita, tarot reader...

No comments: