Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good news.

New Supergirl Creative team announced!

Comics blogging, especially as regards DC Comics, its editor-in-chief, and the future of its entire line, has come across as very bleak recently in the wake of Dixon leaving and Heroes Con reports (as well as the mishandling of continuity across big titles like Countdown and Final Crisis).

So I wasn't expecting to find happy news when I loaded Newsarama this morning. But the new writer, Sterling Gates, is saying exactly what I want to hear about building up Kara's characterization, heroism, supporting cast, and rogues. Additionally, I am so pleased that the Superman family will be tied together as they haven't been in much too long--especially with such quality teams on all books. I adore Supergirl and I've been waiting for any reason to add the title to my pull list.

I think Sterling Gates just gave me a dozen, but I haven't counted yet. (Jamal Igle's art is certainly top on that list.) I remember being impressed with Gates' arc on Green Lantern Corps. Tonight I will definitely do a re-read, but his way of developing multiple strong female characters in two issues is what stuck with me the most. That will serve him well when writing the girl of steel.

No comments: