Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Maxine Hunkel's #1 Marvel comic pick in the month of December.

Also happens to be the one Marvel Illustrated project I've ever contemplated spending money on.

This series strikes me as pretty much foolproof. The writer, Eric Shanower, knows Oz. To use an understatement. From his cover, Skottie Young's art seems the ideal match for exuberant and all-ages Oz storytelling. His Lion is adorable!

I'm much more excited about this one than Marvel's promise of Dark Avengers or the story of how Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson never got married. (As if the Mephisto thing wasn't bad enough, now Marvel wants to tear down my favorite comic relationship a second time. Just when I was starting to wonder whether I should weaken my Amazing Spider-Man ban. Thanks for saving me money, Spidey team!)

1 comment:

Sea-of-Green said...

Wow, Oz DOES look very promising! :-) I love the original Oz books -- it will be interesting to see how this turns out.